[sbml-discuss] Multiple kineticLaw Sections Per Reaction

Bill Denney denney at seas.upenn.edu
Thu Mar 9 13:14:35 PST 2006

I'm wanting to put multiple kineticlaw sections in each reaction.  The
reason that I want to do this is because I have kinetic data on both the
on and off rates of the reactions that I need to model as separate
reactions.  I thought that it made sense that if I said that the reaction
was reversible then I could have both the forward and reverse kinetics
within that reaction.

Something similar to this seems to have been discussed before:
http://www.sbml.org/forums/index.php?t=tree&goto=2996&rid=0

Is there a better, more accepted way to do this?

Another issue that I've been thinking about is: what is the best way to
store multiple values for the same kinetic rate constants.  The reason I
want to do this is that I have tables that list a set of kinetics for
reactions from several groups that may not agree.  I would like to store
all these values within my sbml so that my tools can try to enumerate
which kinetics seem to be the most consistent.  I could do this within an
annotation, but it seems as though it could be an issue that could more
generally useful to the sbml community.

Bill

--
Emily's Lullaby n. - A tranquilizer dart.
   -- Will Miller