[sbml-discuss] Representation of Co-enzymatic reactions in SBML

Pedro Mendes mendes at vt.edu
Mon Sep 20 12:14:50 PDT 2004

On most cases "Co-Enzymes" are actually substrates or products of reactions
(eg NAD+/NADH, ATP/ADP). The other use for the word "Co-Enzyme" is for
prosthetic groups (eg Heme, metal ions, etc). In the first case the correct
SBML assignment is as substrate and product. In the second case it is as
modifier (since they are definitly activators!).

I don't know what else you may mean by "Co-Enzyme" that does not fit the above
two categories. Could you explain this further (a specific example would be
great)

--
Pedro Mendes
Research Associate Professor