[jsbml-development] HTML Character Encoding ie when writing Notes

Camille Laibe laibe at ebi.ac.uk
Mon May 17 03:59:30 PDT 2010

Hello,

>> public static final String encodeForHTML(String string)
Why not use something like
org.apache.commons.lang.StringEscapeUtils.escapeHtml()[1] instead of
re-implementing such feature?

>> in org.sbml.jsbml.util.StringTools contains a list of special characters
>> that are to be replaced by corresponding HTML codes. I would like to
>> suggest to move this list into a configuration file in the package
>>
>> org.sbml.jsbml.resources.cfg
According to the source code, it seems this file is now
org/sbml/jsbml/resources/cfg/HTML_CharEncodingTable.txt but the file
itself is not available under SVN...

[1]
http://commons.apache.org/lang/api-2.5/org/apache/commons/lang/StringEscapeUtils.html#escapeHtml%28java.lang.String%29

--