[jsbml-development] New header for all classes in our repository
rodrigue at ebi.ac.uk
Mon Nov 2 14:10:48 PST 2009
As said by Sarah, it would be simple to go directly for LGPL v2.1
I have changed the headers to :
* Copyright (c) 2009 the copyright is held jointly by the individual
* authors. See the file AUTHORS for the list of authors.
* This file is part of jsbml, the pure java SBML library. Please visit
* http://sbml.org for more information about SBML, and
* to get the latest version of jsbml.
* jsbml is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify
* it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License as
* the Free Software Foundation, either version 2.1 of the License, or
* (at your option) any later version.
* jsbml is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
* but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
* MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
* GNU Lesser General Public License for more details.
* You should have received a copy of the GNU Lesser General Public License
* along with jsbml. If not, see
will commit tomorrow and we can later on modify it.
Michael Hucka a écrit :
> Unfortunately, I do have some comments about the proposed
> legal statement. This new text uses LGPL 3, whereas I
> somehow (perhaps erroneously) was previously under the
> impression we were talking about LGPL 2. I don't have
> enough experience with LGPL 3 and will have to ask for legal
> counsel. I can say that at least one prominent developer
> of systems biology software has told me they did not want to
> use LGPL 3, although I cannot remember exactly what part
> created problems for them.
> I'll ask Caltech's intellectual property counsels to advise
> me about the possible implications of moving to LGPL 3. I
> should be able to find out this coming week.
> >> * jsbml is free software: you can redistribute it
> >> and/or modify
> >> * it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public
> >> License as
> >> published by
> >> * the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the
> >> License, or
> >> * (at your option) any later version.
> To manage your jsbml-development list subscription, visit
> For a web interface to the jsbml-development mailing list, visit
> For questions or feedback about the jsbml-development list,
> contact sbml-team at caltech.edu
More information about the jsbml-development